What is the first thing that comes to mind when people see a camping pod? Usually, they ask themselves “What is it? Is it a shed or is it a small log cabin? What is it good for?”
Let’s speak about the advantages of camping pods and possibilities they can offer. What are the advantages of the pods?
- A question “What is a camping pod: a shed or a cabin?“ is a key to one of the main advantages of camping pod. As it can be seen as a combination of a small log cabin and a spacious camping tent, a pod becomes a great alternative to a tent and a cabin as well;
- It is relatively small and doesn’t take a lot of space. Therefore, a pod is a perfect housing solution for those with a limited land property. It can be set and fitted almost anywhere on a small patch of flat land;
- Although pods are small, they are spacious enough to fit a small group of friends or a family and can serve as a holiday retreat or a get-together space;
- Camping pod can offer all the conveniences of a house: it can serve as a shelter from bad weather and unwanted intruders, a bedroom, a dining room or even a kitchen;
- As an alternative to a house, building a pod doesn’t require a significant investment of time, energy and money that proper house would definitely demand;
- Since camping pods are made of timber with great insulation properties, they can offer a cool shelter in summer heat or a warm hideout during the cold season when temperatures drop;
- It can be set up with electricity for a greater convenience and this will expand the possibilities of camping pod use;
- It has a proper door which can be locked, therefore, a pod can be used to store valuables: camping, hunting or fishing equipment, gardening tools, craft supplies, etc.;
- Thanks to the minimalistic and modern design, a pod nicely blends into any surroundings and gives a unique look to the place;
Let’s see what possibilities all the mentioned advantages of camping pods open up:
- They are a perfect and economic choice for camping sites and can help to attract guests, who usually do not choose camping as their leisure activity. While everyone likes to get out of the city, not everyone is happy about erecting a tent and dealing with other inconveniences of camping. With a pod, camping becomes a pleasant experience even for beginner campers;
- Timber pods are great for open-air festivals as well when organisers seek to offer more convenient accommodation to the guests. Pods are especially useful for those weekend or even week-long festivals in the middle of nowhere;
- As camping pod is small and compact, it can perfectly serve as a guest house or even play house for children in a backyard of a private property;
- When guests are away, a pod will provide a space for home office or workshop/studio and a possibility to hide from noisy children and pesky pets for a fruitful work session;
- Camping pod can also be used as a garden house. Those who like spending their free time gardening will definitely find it useful as a place for relaxation and keep gardening tools and equipment.
- Actually, the possibilities are almost endless. Besides all the mentioned ways to use these compact pods, they are great for hunting or fishing cabins or can offer an opportunity for catering and hospitality business when kitted accordingly, etc.
In fact, the central quality of camping pod is its versatility. Carefully chosen and bespoke pod can serve multiple purposes and answer the needs of people or businesses with different requirements.